Become a Church in Chains representative for your group, church or Christian Union. It’s a great way of raising awareness of the persecuted church and mobilising others to read, pray and act.
Our local reps do a valuable job in keeping their groups/churches updated with the latest news and prayer points. Depending on what time you have available, you could do any (or all) of the following:
- Begin by distributing Information Leaflets and Global Guides to anyone who wants to learn more.
- Distribute the quarterly Church in Chains magazine and interest others in supporting the persecuted church.
- Ask if you can use a notice board (or part of one) in your church building and keep it up-to-date with Church in Chains news items and posters.
- Encourage your group/church leader to promote the Lent Prayer Project.
- Encourage your church leader to mark the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church (in November).
If you have more time you could…
- Run a prayer group
- Organise fundraising events
- Encourage your group/church to take part in postcard and letter writing campaigns
- Give a short talk to the group/church
Contact the Church in Chains office if you are interested in becoming a local rep.