All those who write and speak on behalf of Church in Chains follow the simple guidelines below:
- Everything that Church in Chains says and writes should be factual and backed up by reliable sources.
- Sources should be identified
- Emotive language should be avoided and the information disseminated by Church in Chains should be fair and accurate.
- Generalities should be avoided as should the expression of comment and conjecture as established fact and falsification of material by distortion, selection or misrepresentation.
- Critical statements about other faiths (unless it is directly relevant to any case being covered) should be avoided as should any comment that could encourage discrimination, ridicule, prejudice or hatred of persons of other faiths.
NOTE: The content of Church in Chains magazine, website and other forms of communication is checked by two staff members to ensure that no material that could give rise to religious hatred is published.
This policy was last updated and approved by the trustees on 30 January 2020.