Church in Chains aims to comply with the ICTR (Irish Charities Tax Reform) Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
- We pledge to treat all our donors with respect, care, honesty and openness.
- We will inform donors of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- We will inform of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- We will prepare externally audited accounts. The accounts are always available on the Finance page of our website.
- We use your gifts for the purposes for which they were given.
- We will send prompt acknowledgement of donations.
- We will respect the right to privacy of our donors and will comply with the laws relating to fundraising and the use of personal data.
- Staff and volunteers representing the charity will observe the highest professional standards.
- Any queries and complaints will be dealt with promptly, courteously and effectively.
- We will remove your name from our database on your request.
- Our database will not be shared with any other organisation.
- We will give prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
- We commit to being accountable and transparent in our fundraising activities.
This policy was last updated on 19 December 2018.