Church in Chains is committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the general public, our supporters and volunteers are of the highest possible standard. We listen and respond to their views so that we can continue to improve. We welcome both positive and negative feedback. Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- It is as easy as possible to make a complaint.
- We treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations that calls for a response.
- We treat a complaint seriously whether it is made by telephone, in writing or in person.
- We deal with complaints quickly and politely.
- We respond accordingly – for example, with an explanation or an apology when we have got things wrong, and with information on any action taken.
- We welcome feedback and complaints and use them to improve.
If you have feedback or a complaint
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact us by writing or telephone. Please let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details. Write to:
David Turner, Director
Church in Chains
PO Box 10447
Telephone: (01) 2825393
Our office hours are Monday – Friday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm
What happens next?
If you complain in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing, we will always acknowledge your complaint within seven days and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide a new deadline.
What if a complaint is not resolved?
If you are not happy with our response, you may get in touch again by writing to the Church in Chains’ Chairperson, at the address above. The Chairperson will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level and will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board members.
This policy was last updated on 19 December 2018.